2022-2023 ESSER III/School Innovation and Improvement Plan
Outcome goals for this academic year.
Translate this page
Complete ESSER School Funding Plans
School Innovation and Improvement Plan At-a-Glance
Rebecca Gidoni, Principal
Background: The Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief (ESSER III) is a federal grant which requires that spending be used in specific areas. Part of the Fairfax County Public Schools spending plan identifies funding to be used for Unfinished Learning and Student Academic and Social, Emotional, Mental Health (Wellness) Needs. Schools have been given funding allocations to support the academic and wellness needs of students. Schools are required to create plans in English Language Arts, Mathematics, and Wellness highlighting the strategies they will use to support these areas using their ESSER III funding. These strategies are shown below.
ESSER III English Language Arts Strategies Outcome: Ensure students are making sufficient progress to be on grade level in English Language Arts.
- Strategy 1: Students will develop oral language skills through explicit language instruction in Tiers 1/2/3, and provide opportunities for academic discourse in both the language arts and writing block as well as during content times.
- Strategy 2: Students will flexibly group in Language Arts, to include co-teaching with special education/ESOL, and provide level 4 services, focused on student strength and need.
- Strategy 3: Provide Tier 2 instruction as preventative intervention that targets the underlying difficulty impacting the student’s progress in literacy.
ESSER III Mathematics Strategies Outcome: Ensure students are making sufficient progress to be on grade level in Mathematics.
- Strategy 1: Provide Tier 2 instruction as preventative intervention that targets the underlying difficulty impacting the student’s progress in mathematics.
- Strategy 2: Students will flexibly group in Mathematics, to include co-teaching with special education/ESOL, and provide level 4 services, focused on student strength and need.
ESSER III Wellness Strategies Outcome: Ensure students feel safe, included, and supported in the school environment.
- Strategy 1: All students will participate in morning meeting and closing circle on a daily basis.
- Strategy 2: Utilize the Zones of Regulation curriculum to support SEL for students to acquire knowledge to self-identify and regulate emotions.
Portrait of a Graduate SMARTR Outcome Outcome: 100% of students will curate an academic portfolio to showcase their POG POL learning and will demonstrate growth in the area of communication from fall to spring of the 2022-2023 school year.
- Strategy 1: The school will create structures that provide students the opportunity to collect evidence of learning in a portfolio and share their POG growth.
Access & Opportunity End of Year SMARTR Outcome Goal: 100% of students will participate in Access to Rigor opportunities across at least 2 curricular areas each quarter.
- Strategy 1: Embed PD into the CTs around the Advanced Academic curriculum.
For additional information regarding this School Plan, please contact the school principal.
SIIP_ESSER III Plan At A Glance 2022-23 - Terra Centre ES_0.pdf