Distribution of Community Fliers
Terra Centre Elementary School offers the opportunity for nonprofit organizations to make their materials available to students and parents. Fliers will be sent home in student’s backpacks. Fliers, sorted into 24 groups of 25, need to be at the school by 12:00 p.m. on the Friday before the below date.
- September 21
- May 16
What are the rules for fliers?
- Fliers must include or have attached the following disclaimer statement:
- “These materials are neither sponsored nor endorsed by the Fairfax County School Board, the Superintendent, or this school” It is the responsibility of the sponsoring organization to include this language on each copy of the flier, or to securely attach it to the flier.
- Material may not advocate or represent violent, illegal, or obscene activities, be of a nature to disrupt school activities, endanger the health or safety of students, constitute libel or slander, or be inappropriate to the age of elementary school students. Partisan political material and charitable donation solicitations will not be distributed
- Fliers are offered to students; students are not required to take them
- No person may distribute fliers directly to students in school buildings or on school grounds during school hours, and elementary aged students may not engage in direct distribution of fliers.
To review Regulation 1367 on Distribution of Fliers, go to https://www.fcps.edu/policies-and-regulations